SAYL is hiring a full-time Program Manager. Interested candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
Program Manager Job Description
Salary Range: $28,000-$32,000
Full time exempt status, direct report to Executive Director
Under the direction of the Executive Director, incumbent will plan, direct and coordinate the daily operations of the SAYL 2nd Grade Reading Buddy program at 30-40 program sites, including, but not limited to:
- Maintaining partnerships and collaborations with other organizations associated with the schools where the SAYL Reading Buddy program is being delivered.
- Ensuring curriculum is being followed by SAYL Reading Buddies, and that Reading Buddies feel supported in their ability to serve the students
- Conduct SAYL Reading Buddy Trainings.
- Train and support SAYL Site Directors.
- Maintain all books and supplies necessary to properly deliver the program.
- Maintain all records pertaining to the program. Including entering school, student and volunteer data into data management system.
- Serving as the liaison between program sites and volunteers/staff.
- Complete monthly site visits at program sites to ensure program consistency.o Assist with outreach events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with the Reading Buddies, the business community, and the general public.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability of working with diverse groups of people.o Understanding and experience working within the public school system, particularly schools with a Title 1 status.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our clients which include the program sites, Reading Buddies and the students participating in our program.
- Proven communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with prior experience working with or teaching children is preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and an understanding of IOS systems.
- Reliable transportation with valid Texas driver’s license, insurance and satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 lbs.